Powered by Blogger.

Interview with DJ and Electronic music producer FreeedomB

by - 08:42



Berlin-based Electronic music producer and DJ FreeedomB influences directly from the sound of jazz, funk or soul, from house music and Electronic rhythms. FreedomB is in search to create a constant groove that will make you dance night and day, but his biggest passion is DJing in a club.

FreedomB has already gathered support from artists like Hot Since 82, Supernova, Hector Couto, Marcus Meinhardt, after released in labels like Knee Deep In Sound, Toolroom, Great Stuff, Lapsus Music or Heinz Music.

Tell us about your earliest musical memory?

Roger Sanchez playing at Sala Macumba. One club where I raved almost every weekend in Madrid (my hometown) back in the days.

At what point in your life did you have that moment where you said to yourself "This is it. This is the type of music I want to create?"

Although Spain is a techno country, I was always closer to House Music, maybe cause my parents listened back in the days at home to a lot of Disco & Funky stuffs. So it was easy for me to approach to housey vibes. Before tech-house it was house and before house it was disco. Natural process.

Please list some of the most influential albums on your creative outlook and output:

Michael Jackson - Thriller; Queen - A Night In The Opera; James Bronw - The Payback; Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge; Depeche Mode - Black Celebration.

What key pieces of gear/software are you using to define your sound?

Rolanr Tr-8, AKA MPC Live & Roland SH-01. They are my babies. Sweet fellas.

What inspires you outside of music? What do you turn to when the creative well runs a little low?

My family, my girlfriend, friends, the food, a proper cocktail. I’m someone who tries to enjoy every second of my life. Sometimes not easy at all but I know how to find the balance between the chaos.

What is your opinion on the ever spreading sub-genre vine? Are there too many? Do you think there' s perhaps a sub-genre that doesn't get the attention it deserves?

I just consume good music. Don’t believe in genre. Think to label music, humans relations, etc. It’s unnecessary. Don’t care if its techno, house, disco, jazz, deep, funky. Good music was/is/ will be always good music.

Studio work and music creation or performing and interacting with a live audience, what do you prefer?

Maybe it’s not really a popular answer but I’m someone who produces music cause nowadays it’s necessary to do it to grow up into the market but I’m not someone who really enjoys the studio. Of course, I have my moments, good ones, which I can feel the flow but honestly, my natural environment, where I feel comfy & free, its in the club. I’m a proper clubber.

As a music artist, it becomes apparent that there is a huge difference between the art and the business. Is there anything about the music scene that you would personally change?

Good question. Well, I think that social media, someway / somehow kills a little bit of the scene and also the artists. I don’t wanna say that social media plays against us, cause its a really a great tool to reach our target but it sometimes creates some fake expectations and it doesn’t let us see the reality and the beauty of this business. It’s not easy to decide what we should change cause behind the business there are humans and we are really complex.

Any new or upcoming artists on your radar? Who shouldn't the world sleep on?

Not really. As my answer about music, don’t care about newcomers or old-school glories. If its good music, let’s play it!!

What can we expect from you in the near future? Any upcoming projects or gigs in the pipeline that you would like to tell us about?

I’m pretty full till the end of the year, gigs schedule. It’s being a really great 2019 for me. Can not complain about it. About releases: my own EP on Knee Deep In Sound, Flashmob Records, a collab. EP with Andre Salmon on South of Saturn (new label from Lee Foss), EP also on Freakin909, some remixes. I have at least one release per month from now till March 2020.

Famous last words?

If you feel like giving up remember this: Quitting won’t bring you closer to your goal. Keep pushing always.



Follow FreeedomB online

You May Also Like

0 comments